This position directs the Spiritual Care Department in providing the highest quality pastoral care to patients, families, and staff, and ensures that the department provides holistic, interdisciplinary care, and manages and leads faith community engagement.
Graduate of a School of Theology accredited by the Association of Theological Schools with a Master of Divinity or equivalent preferred.
Parish experience or equivalent as judged appropriate.
Five (5) years leadership experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Ordained clergy within a recognized faith tradition.
Endorsed by a recognized faith tradition for ministry in a hospital setting.
Board Certified Chaplain with Association of Professional Chaplains preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES REQUIRED:
1. Skilled in verbal and written communication.
2. Ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships.
3. Ability to listen, understand, and minister to the specific spiritual needs of persons in crisis.
4. Knowledge of congregational and denominational structures.
5. Knowledge of community health resources.
6. Functional knowledge of the religious principles of major faiths.
7. Ability to reflect theologically on institutional concerns.
8. Knowledge of organizational strategies and operational objectives.
9. Skilled in coaching, counseling and developing others.
10. Knowledge of management principles, processes and procedures.